Teaching Curriculum Through the Arts
We cannot find any books which offer as comparable content and as comprehensive a study of the subject, though there are many different books on multiple intelligences which address learning through the arts:
- Armstrong, Thomas. 7 Kinds of Smart: Identifying and Developing Your Many Intelligences. NY: Plume (Penguin Group.) 1993.
- Campbell, Bruce, Linda Campbell, and Dee Dickinson. Teaching and Learning Through Multiple Intelligences. NY: Allyn & Bacon. 1996.
- Gardner, Howard. Multiple Intelligences: The Theory in Practice. NY: Basic Books, 1992.
- Perkins, David. Smart Schools: Better Thinking and Learning for Every Child. NY: Macmillan, The Free Press, 1992.
Producing the School Play
- Pointers on producing the school play by Helen Louise Miller Gotwalt
- Play Production in High School (Hardcover) by Grandstaff
- Play Production in the High School/Theater Arts HB (author unknown)
- The Family on Stage: Creative Play Production in the Classroom by Pamela M. Price
- The Book of Play Production for Little Theatres, Schools and Colleges by Milton Smith
Sunrise at 602: Enlightened Classroom Management
None of the other classroom management manuals takes a first person, narrative approach to the subject, so that we can read actual conversations and how the teachers handled things. Nor do they put as much stress on the empowerment of the students.
- Classroom Management for Elementary Teachers by Carolyn M. Evertson, Edmund T. Emmer, Murray E. Worsham
- Building Classroom Discipline by C. M. Charles, Gail W. Senter
- Comprehensive Classroom Management: Creating Communities of Support and Solving Problems by Vernon F. Jones, Louise S. Jones, Vern Jones, Louise Jones
Our Curriculum Guides:
The idea, with our 4 Curriculum Guides, was to create a book where teachers could find everything they needed to teach an integrated thematic curriculum revolving around a central subject or theme all under one cover... and to show how to teach it using the arts. Though there are other books on each of the subjects covered by our Guides, we have yet to find any with the extent of information and the number of arts-oriented activities all in one place.
Play with Purpose, the student workbook:
To our knowledge, no other student workbook incorporates the principles of arts-in-education and the teaching of curriculum with Howard Gardnerís Theory of Multiple Intelligences.
* CES Overview of Books and Programs
* Contact Us